Tribunals do not always resolve disputes with the necessary celerity, confidentiality and expertise. Among other things, this is due to the excessive workload of the courts. For more than 15 years CAM has been an institution specialized in administering commercial arbitral proceedings in an efficient way. Thus disputes arising from commercial contracts of considerable amounts will be resolved in a fast and confidential way, and by specialized arbitrators.
Institutional arbitration administered by CAM is characterized by the following advantages:
- Duration: The arbitral proceeding is much faster than a judicial process, and the arbitral award cannot be appealed.
- Legal certainty: The arbitral award has the same legal force as a judicial sentence and can be enforced in any State being a party of the Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards (New York Convention, 1958).
- Specialization: The arbitrators appointed by CAM are experts on the subject of the dispute given to their consideration.
- Independence and impartiality: Both CAM and the arbitrators appointed by CAM act independently and impartially.
- Confidentiality: All arbitral proceedings administered by CAM are totally confidential.
- Costs: The short duration and legal certainty allow arbitration to be much more economic than the judicial process.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of the arbitral process frequently leads the parties to resolve their dispute in an amicable way even before the award is rendered.